Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The best week of 2009

The best week of 2009 started on July 22 on a Wednesday. I stared out my front window all morning waiting for Wayne and Whitney to be coming up my driveway for the first day of the family reunion. While waiting I saw I a red car slowly driving down the road looking confused. The car turned around and went the other way it came from. And right when I saw that I knew that it was them. I bounced up and down with excitement telling my mom that I saw them. She replied asking "Are you sure?" The phone rings and it says Hoyt. I bounced even higher. She answered and there was Hoyt calling asking where our house was and that he was confused. Next thing you know a red car pulls up my driveway. I looked to see who was driving and it was Hoyt! I zoomed straight to the door and opened it to see them. I went straight to give Wayne and Whitney a huge hug. Tears rolled down my cheeks because I was so happy.
After that we watched Edward ScissorHands and then played some basketball. Me and Whitney played basketball for 9 minutes to see what score we would end up with. The whole time we were laughing our heads off because of how tired our arms were and then randomly laughed once in awhile. We laughed so much that we felt so weak and had to pause the game like every minute. At the end Whitney scored 225 and I scored 221 and our arms were hurting. We told Wayne what we scored and he said "I can beat that!" Wayne tried for 9 minutes too by himself using both hoops. I was amazed the whole time because he kept getting the basketballs in one by one and when the 9 minutes was up I was unbelieved. Adding both hoops together Wayne scored 483! He is the coolest!! That night Tasha's family showed up at my house and we talked for awhile and they left to their hotel while Wayne and Whitney slept over. Wayne and Tanner got hooked on Call of Duty 4 and played it till 2:00 a.m. It was funny because Wayne wanted to sleep with a pink and silky princess blanket that we had. In the morning we woke up to see Grandma and Grandpa sitting on our couch and feathers all over Waynes face because there was a whole in the feather pillow. That morning we hung out and played some rockband, waiting for everyone else to arrive at my house. Wayne and Tanner played Mangafighter on the computer because everyone else was playing rockband on the xbox, so they couldn't play Call of Duty 4. They are both addicted to video games!! Wayne wore his hat the whole family reunion and he never really took it off but sometimes Ethan and Maddy took it off to go wear it. I looked at his hat to see why he loved it so much and I discovered that a lot of girls signed the inside of his hat with some comments like "He's mine" and "Hottie". I think that is the only reason he wears it so much. A lot of girls have crushes on Wayne.
When everyone was done playing games we went to the Immigrant Lake Waterslides and they were so fun. Each time I went on the slides, I was
trying to be paired up with one of my cousins so we could race, and when we did, I always won. Towards the end Wayne fell asleep so Whitney, Tasha and I went over to him and squirted all the water on our hair onto him. Time flashed by fast because of how fun we were having and it was time to leave.

1 comment:

Robert and Jill said...

Cousins are the best to have around. I saw the picture on your moms blog and you looked like you had a wonderful time with your family. Keep in tough with them.
I always love you more!
NaNA